Northland Assistance Center
We are proud supporters of the Northland Assistance Center: a faith and community based 501(c) 3 organization providing emergency bill, food, strengths-based case management, holiday food baskets, and referral services to nearly 2,000 Northland children, women, and men struggling to meet life’s basic needs.
To learn more visit www.northlandhelp.org
Jamaica Medical / Dental Mission
Every February since 2000, Jamaica Mission has given free services to over 2,500 folks in six different clinics. Most of these clinics are in remote areas where people have very limited opportunities for dental, medical, and optical services. Our partner sponsors include North Kansas City Rotary Club, Rotary International Foundation and other civic and religious organizations.
In 2016, our doctors, nurses and volunteers treated 2,553 medical and dental patients, dispensed 4,146 prescriptions dispensed, extracted 873 teeth and distributed 402 pairs of glasses. We also donate prosthetics, wheelchairs and library books.
Souper Bowl Sunday
Nothing warms the soul and satisfies the palate like a hot bowl of soup. Every year Northminster collects cases of soup for Souper Bowl Sunday. The soup is then distributed to our local food pantries. This year we collected and distributed 75 cases of soup.
At Northminster Presbyterian Church we believe that serving the teachings of Jesus Christ means turning our time and talent to those who need our help. Some of the groups and causes we support are:
- Clay County Clothes Closet
- Northminster Blanket Fund to donate blankets to the homeless.
- Meals on Wheels
- SafeHaven-through Synergy Services we lease the land for a shelter for battered women and their children. Last year, more than 300 women and 225 children found refuge at SafeHaven.
- Red Cross Blood Drive
- Thanksgiving Community Dinner
- Giving Tree for care items for area shelters.
- Adopt-A-Family for Christmas-sponsored by our Men’s Breakfast and Fellowship Group